Sunday, July 02, 2017

What...it's July Already?

So I just noticed that I kinda neglected the ol' blog here overall for about six weeks. This is not to say I haven't been doing stuff in the writing realm. Oh, quite the contrary. To paraphrase Bill & Ted, exciting things are afoot at the homestead K.

Things are happening over at HubPages/LetterPile (to be covered in another post), poetry is being put up on the website (to be covered in another post), and I am going through my writer's reflections from my writing workshops to post here. I thought it might be fun to share and look back on how I felt about my writing and myself at certain periods over my four year journey of higher education.

(Side Note: if ya'll want to peak at the stuff "to be covered in another post," you could hop, skip and jump over to the aforementioned sites before then. The links are listed below the "Commenting Rules." Just sayin'.)

I am also working on a new piece for the blog. I though it would be about 500 words and ready for prime time last month. Such is not the case. It has grown to be longer than originally thought, and therefore taking more time. Such are the best laid plans of mice and (wo)men. But it's coming along nicely and totally worth the extra time and effort. I hope to have it up before the month is over.

So, I'm gonna get back to work now. Until then, here's a picture of my cat to hold you over.

So cute, don't ya think?

No comments: